RSS

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Happy birthday unicorn

Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Today I have a birthday card for you that I mailed to a fellow demonstrater  which is celebrating her 29th birthday again today. 

 She loves unicorns and as i didn't have any unicorn stamps I decided to make my own somehow. 

)I then took the horse from the lunar animals from mama elephant. Colored it's hair in melon mambo and added some glitter with wink of stella and my sakura glitter gel pen. But a horse is not a unicorn so i cut a horn and glittered it too and attached it to the horse. Tadaaaaaa my selfmade unicorn!

But a unicorn is a magical creature and needs a magical world to live in. So i took some washitape and masked some sunbeams on whisperwhite paper. Then i blended all colors of the rainbow on the background as unicorns and rainbows are just meant for each other.  

Then i removed the tape and got this beautiful background.

For the clouds I made a template (in lack of cloud silhouette dies) using different size punched circles that I taped together and then traced the silhouette on a piece of whisper white.  I did this 2 times. Then I pierced the outline of my clouds and spobged it with soft sky ink to give it some dimension. I layered it on top of the sunburst background with dimentionals.

On the thick whisperwhite base card  i traced a rectangle with the golden glitter tape we had during the saleabration. On top of it came my finished sky background. 
The sentiment was cut from golden glitter paper using the hello you framelits and the birzhday stamped and cut out using the hello you stampset.

Everything attached and the card was ready to go to Austria.  I hope Judith liked it and you like it as well.  

Happy crafting!
Maria 

1 comments:

Mary Gregor said...

very nice card. Love the way it looks.