RSS

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I like my friends and my friendships

Hello and thank you for stopping by!!! First of all I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year and all my new Followers ( hi Niamh) a warm welcome to my random-updated blog lol. It´s almost end of january and this is my first blogpost of the year...well let´s see what I can do with that. Let´s hope I will be a more active blogger this year :)
So on to today´s card I want to show you. My wonderfully talented Friend Anne-Marie is a DT-Member of the Twist of Faith Card Challenge Blog and so she shared a challenge they have there right now with the theme Friendship. Normally I don´t do challenges as I´m not the type for it. But this time I just wanted to try.

The last year was very tough for me and my family and I had a couple of wonderful people supporting me through that time and beyond .  One of these amazing people in my life is my friend Annette. I was able to visit her and her wonderful husband Ron last year in the USA. They made my trip there a supercool and unforgetable adventure.
Annette and I at the entrance to the Timpanogos Cave

Annette and I at the Stampin Up headquarters on my birthday
 As I appreciate her friendship so very much I created this card for her .


The stampset I used for the little characters is the Stick Family set from Stampabilities. It´s a build the characters yourself set and was fun to put the characters just the way I wanted them to be.
 I colored them with my distressinks and I think they turned out pretty cute. I also added a selfmade paper flower that I colored in with my distressink and put a purple rhinestone in the middle.     

                               
The sentiment is from Fiskars Friends Forever Quotes set. The sentiment reads : Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of ALL THE WORLD. And to fit the sentiment I tied some golden thread ribbon arround the label diecut from Spellbinders and made a pretty little bow with a purple flower button on top as purple is Annette´s favorite color :)
 I embossed some light purple cardstock with my polka dots embossing folder from cuttlebug and sponged it with Tim Holtz Dusty Concord Distress ink . I distressed the edges a little more to pop up from the white.


As last step I added 4 nice corners and decorated them with purple rhinestones.

What do you think?
I hope everyone is going having  a great weekend. See you all soon :)
HAPPY CRAFTING :)
Maria :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

This is a very lovely card and I'm sure your friend will cherish it. Your image and sentiment so nice and your coloring is beautiful. Thank you for joining our FRIENDSHIP challenge at Twist of Faith Cards.

Laura C.

http://outinthecraftshed.blogspot.com
DT - http://twistoffaithcards.blogspot.com

Anne-Marie said...

Maria, this is a real stunner....love the way you left the label longer for the sentiment....a really pretty creation. Thanks so much for entering the challenge at Twist of Faith....good luck in the draw!

Petra said...

Welcome back to blogging in the new year Maria! I love the new blog look too!
Love the card :)The button in the middle of the bow is so clever!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ok this is it...lol I love all your work and so happy to have you as my friend! Big Hugs!

Birdie said...

M this card is very cute and you are one creative woman!

Truly think your list of friends in endless because you are a loving friend :P

So what was the Stampin UP headquarters like? Color me impressed and jealous.