RSS

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I like skype-craft-sessions

Hello and Thank you for stopping by!!! A lot of things happened in my life during the last months and because of that I didn´t got to craft and blog . I´m sorry my dear followers. I will stop making promises when I will blog next, as its hard for me to keep with this promises, sorry.

Yesterday night I was able to have a skype-craft-session with my amazingly talented friend Petra from South Africa.  Or lets say she beared to craft with me. We decided to try a technique that we both never did before. We came to the conclusion to do step-fold-cards for eachother.
So while my friend Petra got her card for me done in no time, I struggeled with putting my pieces on the right spot and needed about 4 times more time than she did. Yes I´m a slow crafter at the moment. As Petra loves pink, flowers and butterflies I tried to put all of these elements on her card.
I used my Stampin-up flower petal punch and a fitting stampset I got from an amazing friend for my birthday to make the flowers on the card. The butterfly-doily was made using my new spellbinder die (which I love). The ornament in the back was made using my new Martha-Steward-punches :) nice, huh?
Inked everything with pink ink as Petra loves pink lol.
So to not let you wait any longer, here is what I came up with:
My Step-fold-card for Petra

complete step-fold-card front-view


front and middle layer


Close-up of the flower in the middle

Bacllayer with a punch ornament and more flowers for Petra




Stepcard from the side

What do you think?
I hope everyone is going having  a great week . See you all soon :)
HAPPY CRAFTING :)
Maria :)

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Maria, this is great, no wonder it took you a while to make with all the dimensions and elements, well done.
Petra will surely love it.
{hugs}

Ina G said...

Maria - this is absolutely beautiful. You have done an amazing job on this card.

Kim Burmeister said...

Maria, WOW! This is amazing. Love this one a lot. That is a great idea to Skype craft. I never did that when I was crafting.

Jill said...

Maria--This is a beautiful card--love all the detail--great use of the punches!!

jan farnworth said...

i love to skype craft to i do it all the time with fellow stampers it so much better then stamping all by my lonesome. your card turned out great.

Cindy :) said...

sooooooooooo beautiful Maria, just like you :)hugs my crafty friend, love ya

TammieLien said...

WOW!!! So amazing would love to learn this too..Gorgeous card:)))

Birdie said...

Lucky P! Beautiful Maria.